As an athlete, you probably understand that there are many demands of participating in a sport, including jumping, running, throwing, and others. All these activities put your body through stress and may result in various sports injuries, such as strains, sprains, broken bones, etc. Some injuries are more serious than others, and sometimes they can even lead to a permanent disability.
One of the ways to help recover from a sports injury and help prevent other injuries in the future is to see a chiropractor. Chiropractic care can help patients with sports injuries in many different ways. We at Absolute Balance Chiropractic in Bettendorf, IA, are here to provide that help.
What Are the Benefits of Chiropractic Care for Sports Injuries?
Here are some potential benefits of chiropractic care for sports injuries:
- Faster recovery after an injury: Chiropractic treatment may accelerate the healing process after an injury and may help you get back to normal. It can help remove pressure on the spinal cord and potentially help the body’s systems work more efficiently.
- Reduced need for pain medications: Pain is one of the first and most common symptoms of a sports injury. Often, people experience back pain, shoulder pain, and joint pain after an injury. They may start taking painkillers and might become dependent on them. The good thing about chiropractic treatment is that it can help reduce pain naturally, without the involvement of any medications.
- Better stability: If your shoulder, for example, is unstable due to multiple injuries, see a chiropractor who can help develop a treatment plan for you to regain stability and prevent future injuries.
- Eased muscle pain and spasms: Recovering from a sports injury can take weeks or even months, and you can still experience pain and muscle spasms for a long time. Chiropractic care can help ease your pain and get back to a normal life faster.
- Improved range of motion: One purpose of chiropractic care is to help loosen muscles and joints and improve the range of motion.
Get Chiropractic Care in Bettendorf and Davenport, IA
Do you live in Bettendorf, IA, Davenport, IA, or any other nearby area in Iowa? Do you want to improve your life or get rid of back pain, shoulder pain, or joint pain caused by a sports injury? We at Absolute Balance Chiropractic is here for you. We offer chiropractic care and can help treating many types of injuries, including sports injuries as well. If you have any questions, or you want to schedule an appointment with one of our chiropractors, call us at (563) 332-6036 for more information.