If you or a family member is suffering from mild to excruciating knee pain, our chiropractor can help to relieve your pain. Treatment is performed at Absolute Balance Chiropractic using natural, non-surgical methods. Chiropractic adjustments, sports injury treatment, and soft tissue therapies are some of your chiropractic care options. The end goal is to alleviate the pain and restore knee function.
Why Does Your Knee Hurt?
The aging process, physical imbalances, and acute injuries from a car or sports accident are the general causes of pain. Although the knee joint is strong and flexible, it is under constant stress from upper body weight, repetitive motion, or heavy lifting. The knee also grows weak or becomes inflamed over time from daily activities, such as walking, running, or bending. Any of these factors can cause pain.
Common Knee Conditions Treated with Chiropractic Care
Some people prefer to ditch the painkillers and head straight for their chiropractic physician. A chiropractor can help relieve pain from arthritis, iliotibial band syndrome (pain outside the knee), or these other conditions:
- Bursitis or gout
- Knee cartilage tears
- Tendinitis (runner's knee)
- Ligament strains or sprains
- A fractured or dislocated kneecap
Typical Knee Pain Symptoms
A sharp searing, throbbing, or debilitating pain is a sign of injury or damage. Other common symptoms include swelling, stiffness, trouble moving, buckling, or intense pain when you put pressure on the knee. A grinding or popping sound may occur due to cartilage damage.
Knee Pain Treatment by Our Chiropractor
As part of the routine medical exam, we will do an X-ray, MRI, or CT scan of the knee. This helps our chiropractor pinpoint the underlying cause of your symptoms and design the most effective treatment plan. Here are examples of non-invasive methods we may use:
- Chiropractic Adjustments – Dr. Stinson may use his hands or the Activator Method to realign the kneecap, joints, and tissue. Putting the structures back in place can serve as an instant pain reliever. Adjustments help to reduce inflammation, allow healing to take place, and improve the range of motion. If necessary, we may adjust your spine to correct misalignments or physical imbalances that cause excess pressure on the knee.
- Other Treatments and Therapies – Massages, Kinesio taping, and corrective exercises help to heal, repair, and strengthen the knee, muscles, tendons, and ligaments. We may even recommend FootLevelers orthotics to enhance body support and balance in patients with plantar fasciitis or foot arch problems.
Knee Pain Treatment in Davenport and Bettendorf, IA
Call Absolute Balance Chiropractic today at (563) 332-6036 for more information or to schedule an appointment with our chiropractor.