When your shoulder hurts, carrying out even the most basic of tasks can be quite challenging. The good news is that you don’t have to let it keep impacting your life. Learn more about shoulder pain and how our team at Absolute Balance Chiropractic can help below.
Common Causes of Shoulder Pain
Most shoulder pain is due to either a car accident injury or a sports injury. As a car accident injury, the leading issue is the seatbelt that tightens and holds you in place to save your life. The impact of the accident mixed with the force of the seatbelt can easily lead to a misalignment, dislocation, tendon injuries, and more.
Many athletes that participate in contact sports find themselves with a shoulder sports injury. It’s much like a car accident due to the force against the shoulder.
While sports and car accidents are leading causes of shoulder pain, they are certainly not the only ones. Overworking your shoulders, slips and falls, and more can also cause pain and suffering in and around the shoulder. Aside from dislocations, such injuries, and incidents can lead to the conditions below.
- Frozen shoulder: Injuries often lead to the shoulder’s connective tissue becoming tight and thickened, which makes it difficult to move.
- Rotator cuff injury: A rotator cuff injury can be anything from a slight issue to a severe tear.
- Pinched nerves: A pinched nerve can cause a great deal of pain, numbness, muscle weakness, and more. The pinched nerve doesn’t always have to be in the shoulder, either. A pinched nerve in the neck, for example, can cause shoulder pain.
- Bursitis: When the bursa capsule of the shoulder is inflamed, it can make it very difficult to move.
- Tendonitis: Overuse and repetitive motion can cause irritation and inflammation of the tendons.
- Sprains and strains: Sprains and strains occur when muscles or ligaments go beyond their normal range of motion, which leads to tears, inflammation, and more.
Ongoing conditions like arthritis also play a role in shoulder pain.
How a Chiropractor Can Help
There are several chiropractic methods available for shoulder pain, but the exact combination of methods utilized depends on your specific condition. For example, if your pain is stemming from a pinched nerve in the neck, decompression, adjustments, and more will be used to address the neck. By addressing the neck, the pain in the shoulder will be decreased or eliminated.
Other potential methods of treatment include:
- Adjustments to the shoulder joint
- Chiropractic massage to help reduce tension, inflammation, and pain
- Physical therapy not only aids in healing but also helps restore your range of motion and prevent future injuries
Our chiropractor will work with you to determine the best treatment for your needs.
Find Shoulder Pain Relief With Your Davenport and Bettendorf, IA, Chiropractor
Don’t let shoulder pain steal another moment. Schedule an appointment with us at Absolute Balance Chiropractic by calling (563) 332-6036 today.